NPPA Contest

micaelb

Dog, you seem to approach what I say as attempts to mislead. I am not trying to mislead anyone.

I am not gonna waste my time proving things to you. There is no point to it. You remind me of a little kid, standing in his sandbox and stomping his foot demanding I prove something to him.

I just moved to the big boy sandbox.

I am not making things up. I am not avoiding legitimate questions. I've chosen to spend my time in a more constructive conversation.

Chicago Dog

I am not making things up. I am not avoiding legitimate questions.
And yet, you've provided neither proof to your claims nor or answers to those legitimate questions.

I've chosen to spend my time in a more constructive conversation.
Can you explain why you think running off to a more restrictive section of the forum is "more constructive?" What do you really think you're going to hear there that you haven't already heard elsewhere in this forum?

Can you show me an unfair criticism or question I've posed in any NPPA thread? I ask, but I'm fairly certain you'll just dodge the question instead. It's not at all surprising to me that you'd rather twist valid opinion and to-the-point questions into what you claim is petty argumentation. You've already been called out.

When you're prepared to back up your claims with facts, I'll be here to listen.

Until then, your recent actions embody the very criticisms you claim the NPPA doesn't deserve.

Last edited:

woodsiecam

done

maybe, CD, just maybe - caustic circular attacks like yours aren't worth replying to. it doesn't matter what we reply with, it just ends up being fuel for more posts that belittle others.

here is the anatomy of any given NPPA flame session you have been involved in:

1) Bait - drop some unprovoked NPPA jab in the thread
2) Attack - pick out a phrase or two from a response (often times misleading) and flame it
3) Repeat - while ignoring any info that doesn't support your bash-fest

it's the same old stuff every single time. it is trolling at it's worst. similar posts are the same reason kevin nearly shut the place down less than a year ago. posts like yours in this thread do NOTHING more than drive people off the site.

i'm sure you've got yet another onslaught that you can't wait to reply with, but don't bother. Chicago Dog is now just another name on my ignore list, with all the other trolls.

happy trails.

Chicago Dog

maybe, CD, just maybe - caustic circular attacks like yours aren't worth replying to. it doesn't matter what we reply with, it just ends up being fuel for more posts that belittle others.
Let it go, woodsie. The analogy you're so bitter about is a year and a half old. Don't blame me because you've got a stick up your butt about it.

here is the anatomy of any given NPPA flame session you have been involved in:
I know what you were going for here, but I just can't get past your poor grammar. I would probably take you a little more seriously if you didn't have the typing skills of a nine year old. How is it that a communications professional doesn't know anything about capitalization and punctuation?

1) Bait - drop some unprovoked NPPA jab in the thread
2) Attack - pick out a phrase or two from a response (often times misleading) and flame it
3) Repeat - while ignoring any info that doesn't support your bash-fest
I'm picturing a poster-sized dry-erase board hung haplessly above a desk in your basement at home. Do you rock back and forth nervously while chewing the end of a dry-erase marker in writing up these flowcharts, or do you pace the dusty basement floor?

It's creepy -- yet strangely flattering -- that you put that much work into breaking down your twisted perception of me.

it's the same old stuff every single time. it is trolling at it's worst. similar posts are the same reason kevin nearly shut the place down less than a year ago. posts like yours in this thread do NOTHING more than drive people off the site.
It would be very arrogant of me to claim I'm the reason "Kevin nearly shut the place down." It's very ignorant that you claim it.

i'm sure you've got yet another onslaught that you can't wait to reply with, but don't bother. Chicago Dog is now just another name on my ignore list, with all the other trolls.
I nearly sprayed my monitor in a thin layer of Starbucks when I read that. As if I should mope off and kick the dirt because some no-name crybaby doesn't like me? Oh, darn!

Well spoken woodsiecam....and I just activated ignore too. Wish I'd know about that earlier.
I find it funny that you'd rather carry on your opinion of me in public rather than respond to the private messages I sent to you in order to clear the air.

People who live in glass houses, et al.

woodsiecam

:)

This message is hidden because Chicago Dog is on your ignore list.
*sigh* so much better. I really shouldn't have waited this long.

let me guess, my post was quoted in a way to lure readers AWAY from the point that I was making and TOWARD some other ridiculous torrent of bogus theory and defective reasoning.

Am I close? I didn't peek, I swear. Not even tempted, it's always the same old same old.

adam

I came back to see how the "ignore" works. Pretty cool, it even siphons off the older drivel. I wish it was easier to find and that site moderators would point users to it when threads get so bad they have to get moved.

cyndygreen1

What is almost equally irritating is that some of the comments by the folks we are ignoring are quite good. It's just that we never know when they are going off on a tangent or why.

Chicago Dog

I came back to see how the "ignore" works. Pretty cool, it even siphons off the older drivel.
Ah, yes. Rather than back up a former statement:

We couldn't have put on the conference without the NPPA. Everyone who participated in organizing the event knew each other because of the NPPA. We know what to teach because of the NPPA. We know how to teach because of the NPPA. Our bosses gave us time to do it because of the NPPA. The NPPA helped financially as well.
... by answering a very straightforward, very valid call for proof:

I would love to see a breakdown of the funding as well as the number of people who attended the event. I'm very curious to see how much funding came from NPPA to help its video members out, especially after seeing this disappointing grant plan.
... you'd rather engage the ignore feature; the forum equivalent of "tuck tail and run." How very telling of a rabid NPPA zealot.

What's funnier: you started off aforementioned statement by accusing me of dodging questions. Mr. Tischler, you're a hypocrite.

Given that you've refused to back up your claims every single time I've asked you to leads me to believe you're nothing more than a liar when it comes to this topic of discussion.

In this business, liars lose jobs and cause lawsuits. I hope your forum behavior is not indicative of your professional life. Lying makes all journalists look bad.

It's just that we never know when they are going off on a tangent or why.
We've already covered this. For whatever reason, you don't bother to do any kind of research before condemning someone for their opinions.

I couldn't care less if someone with your sort of persona has me on their ignore list. Ignore away!

woodsiecam

This message is hidden because Chicago Dog is on your ignore list.
:) it's gonna take a while for that to get old

Cyndy - For a brief (VERY brief) moment I was a little worried about that, too. CD had some tolerable posts in the past, even some helpful ones about equipment. But I went back and read thru a bunch of his recent ones and the good does not outweigh the bad.

Don't get me wrong, I take the ignore feature seriously. CD is one of two on the list. There are TWO people on my ignore list. I guess we're lucky there aren't more angry board trolls on here.

Chicago Dog

trolls hate it when they know you're not reading their posts anymore.
Which would make sense -- if I were a troll. I can't help it: watching you defeat the purpose of putting me on your ignore list is funny!
:)

Because I'm quite sure you click the "View Post" option available on my posts (if you're even actually ignoring me like you claim): are you actually planning on contributing something positive to the forum? I mean, talk about trolling: your last five posts don't go outside this lame thread.