Now it's my turn

cameragod

Umm… Step… sorry but there is not much I like about it. Hated the opening shots and the story line, bad writing to poor pictures.
I think you needed to think about were you were interviewing him a bit more and position him and you to get the light better with a lot less profile shots. A classic example is near the end where he looks almost back of head but she was front on perfect… you needed to get them positioned the other way around.
In fact the hand held was poor in general, lumpy and vague. Look for smooth positive moves with definite end points.
Also a box is a box is a box. Could we look inside it? If not show us something else.
Where is the refection of the sun shots? Where are the heat haze shots? Pull focus along the rooftop? Cliché but still affective shots.

Sorry.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Show

I thought it was an adequate "day turn". A lot of issues in contrast, but that sometime suffers on late day turns. Not overly exciting...

mkay

Shots were way solid. As a viewer, I thought the piece was informative. Solid tripod work and good handheld. On the flip, I didn't like the opening sequence of him ripping somethin out of the ground. The reporter didn't really reference it. Lack of communication there. Not a fan of long dissolves, but that's just preference. Overall, I thought the composition was tight. The standup was creative and well executed. Nice work.

nguyen.jason

I'm not a big fan of the dissolves in this pkg. I thought you used way to many of them to go from one thing to another. I didn't like seeing the reporter in most of the shots and this goes back to the dissolves because you were going back and forth. I would have liked to see more tight shots like of the boxes. What is in side of the boxes? I really didn't understand the first shot of the palm tree looking at the sun. I found my self saying why is that there and I missed the next 5-10 seconds of the pkg. The stand up was ok, you could tell you worked the most with your reporter on that. It was a decent pkg but what I hear you can do a lot better than that.

I know day turns are tough. I shoot alot of them and sometimes they are not very good. However, and I don't mean to be rude, the opening shots lost me. However, I really hate dissolves on pretty much any packages. A few good very tight shots could have saved you big time in the edit bay. I did like the stand though. Not horrible by any means, just some stuff to think about.

Rad

Curious as to how long you had to shoot this? One location, single source. If you had 15 minutes to knock it out and move to the next story it's one thing, but if you had time it's another. I did like the fact you talked with the guy as he was moving around, not just a one-location on the sticks interview.