New proof of BP's headlock on crews.

Corporate Management

is that really any different than a client asking a contractor to sign a NDA ?
Uhh...yes. This isn't exactly a private enterprise they have going on here. The only reason BP would have to keep anyone quiet is to conceal the size and damage of the spill from the public. If news crews aren't given proper access to gather information, then all the public has are official statements from BP and the federal government.

And I think it's been proven that BP has done nothing but lie about this entire situation, in every possible aspect, from the very beginning.

The fact that the government is allowing BP to have such control over the situation--even to the extent of suppressing information--is obscene.

zac love

is that really any different than a client asking a contractor to sign a NDA ?
I think NDAs are more about proprietary information, along the same lines of how copyright protection encourages creation. If you're working on the iPhone 5 you can't talk about it to google's phone division. If Apple can't have their people sign NDAs then they'd be less encouraged to invest in smart phones.

But I think the whole BP spill has gone way above proprietary information. When something becomes a national disaster the public has a right to know about anything & everything, short of information that is vital to national security. (IE Air Force one should still have classified security even when visiting this oil spill.)

I think what reporters need to start doing is bringing the statements from BP saying that employees / contractors can talk to the press.

I'm impressed of the wife who did talk to the press & the guy who shared the photos. There needs to be more of that & if these "BP blockade" stories keep running, I'm guessing we'll see a lot more anonymous photos / statements.