Matrox MXO2 LE

grassland

Is anyone using this box as part of their FCP workflow? Does it require an Intel Mac? Any reliability issues?

Thanks,

micaelb

I've used one. We're downconverting in live trucks to microwave back. The video looks better through the Matrox then it does when making a SD file from an HD timeline. It seems you have to "Refresh AV device" sometimes. We haven't used it to ingest yet but I did hook it up and that worked fine too, I just didn't do it in the field with an actual story. I wouldn't say there have been reliability issues but I haven't used it often enough to say one way or the other. I think it might require an Intel Mac.

SimonW

Haven't used the MXO2, but I have the original MXO. The only thing I'd say is that Matrox are slow to update drivers. Very slow. I love the device though and would recommend them to anyone.

AKinDC

I've always had issues when using Matrox cards with FCP. Kona cards seem to work much better.

Matrox MXO2 is very stable with FCP. Works with Leopard and Snow Leopard. Get the Max with Compress HD and your h.264 encode times will be slashed in half.