Making CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik227

I've been a photog for the past ten months for a small station in Mass. Last week I covered some breaking news that ended up being sent to CNN. I just thought it was pretty cool knowing people are seeing this all around the world. :cool:

Lost in Alaska

I had the same feeling the first time my video was sent to a bird. I got the same felling again when I was doing the Santa House live shots from North Pole AK, and I could hear the producers from all over the country, knowing they are going to be watching my stuff.

NorthShore

t,t is right. The first time is a great high. Kinda like a "two beer buzz".

Hell, I remember when NBC used to pay you for that stuff. Now they just expect it.

Enjoy it erik227, it won't be the last time. Nice job!

krazycamera

Fave memory : CNN anchor on the IFB, asks my local spoon "as a result of this Oil spill, how many native species have been killed?" the reply ,"One".
Then, in her moment of international Live cross glory, she added "one seagull has died, um, one bird"
Needless to say CNN were not back for their late news for a live cross!

Brian P

I shot for CNN a long time and still freelance for them. It is still a thrill to see my stuff go worldwide but what sometimes makes it interesting is when you shoot something the shadowy characters in the government would love to take a look at (ie. an Iranian nuke plant). You know your video is being analyzed and briefs are probably written about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.