Looking for a mentor

Shootblue

As you might have guessed by my post count, I've been here, and in tv for awhile...almost 17 years. I've had a few extremely valuable people over the years, but in my current position, I find myself in a spot where there really isn't anyone to learn from. I have mastered the basics and am great at lighting and composition, but editing and story development are a bit behind where they should be in my opinion. I'd especially welcome those who freelance or are on national level programs, as those are intriguing goals. Message me if you are interested.

photoguy603

Have you tried the Storytellers group on facebook? There's some major market and national guys there that may help. Good luck!

Shootblue

Maybe I remember the B-Roll of a thousand posts ago, but almost three hundred views and all I have gotten is advice to go somewhere else. A dinosaur like me has memories of a b-roll mentoring program, which perhaps appropriately, that mentor never got back to me. Frankly, I'm disappointed and disheartened.

AKinDC

Maybe I remember the B-Roll of a thousand posts ago, but almost three hundred views and all I have gotten is advice to go somewhere else. A dinosaur like me has memories of a b-roll mentoring program, which perhaps appropriately, that mentor never got back to me. Frankly, I'm disappointed and disheartened.
Going around saying "mentor me" isn't the best way to get help. Find someone who's work you admire, and ask them to take a look at your stuff. If it works into a mentoring relationship, great, if not keep trying.
Anyone here is happy to take a look at pieces in the critiques board, but if you're looking for more than that you have to be more proactive.
If you can't think of anyone to ask, at least be more specific about what you're looking for, especially what your career goals are. Where are you now, and where do you want to be?

Last edited: