lens repairs

freedom

Time to send in my W/A lens (canon) for a tune up.
Wasn't happy with Focus Optics in LA last time I needed some service. So I'm looking for new recommendations for a quality lens service place.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a copy of a post from me in '05:
Canon USA
65 Challenger Rd
Ridgefield Park NJ 07660

They have 3 levels of service:
A-preventive maint./external lube & adjustments
B-$405/labor +materials usually about $650-$700(routine repair)
C-$800/labor +materials usually about $1200(complete overhaul)
It's a progressive schedule- b includes a , c includes a&b.
Contact Barbara Grand 800-423-lens

They recently did a level b on my wide angle. The turn around was only about 3 days .

Also search lens repair in threads.
Lots of opinions and recomendations in there.

Time to send in my W/A lens (canon) for a tune up.
Wasn't happy with Focus Optics in LA last time I needed some service. So I'm looking for new recommendations for a quality lens service place.
Thanks
Call Horst at Alpine Optics in Coral Springs, FL. I sent a Nikon w/a lens to him around the end of the year and he turned it around in about 2 or 3 days at a very reasonable price.

954-344-9871

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiding Under Here

Dave Talamas ay The Talams Company in Boston, a local mid-sized rental company, recommended a place called ENG Optics to me. He swears by them. www.engoptical.com Their number is 888-907-2836. Dave Talamas couldn't say enough good things about them. And they are allegedly very reasonably priced. I also think they're in Michigan.

freedom

engoptical

I sent an e-mail using the link on the very sparse webpage. I asked how long, how much & where? I mentioned I wanted to send the lens tomorrow.
I got back a very sparse answer, 'at this time a few days'. No idea of cost nor any shipping info at all! I quickly restated my questions and heard nothing more back.

Tom
Have you actually had any contact with this guy?
I think I'll have to go with Alpine. Any seconds on Alpine?

Graybeard

Horst at Alpine has a good rep.

I've used Herman DeSoto at Teleoptics in Dallas for Canon products. I've always been satisfied with his work.

S

shade

second the motion, horst @ alpine optics. always been good and quick on the turnaround

Mike

I have had the best luck with the Canon service center at the Canon regional headquarters in Itasca, IL.

Josh Stoner, broadcast lens division
Canon USA
100 Park Blvd.
Itasca, IL 60143

ph: 630/250-6234

There are yahoos out there that are in this business and I've dealt with them. For me, it is worth the money to have the manufacturer work on my glass (and they provide a loaner if one is available!!!)

--Mike