Lectri H187 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

<Nematode>

A question about the H187 cube. I just inherited one and would like to know if it can be used to phantom power a Sennheiser modular lavlaier so I don't have to fuss with a power supply when not using a stick mic with this thing.
A short XLR plug would certainly make this less cumbersome and almost as convienient as a belt pack xmtr.

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
Not to be an a$$, but why not just plug it in and see if it works? That way you can answer your own question. :D :D

(The answer should be "yes," BTW)

N

<Nematode>

Just being lazy. I didn't want to go to the trouble of clipping a five pin switchcraft off a left over cable and replacing it with an XLR if it wasn't going to work.
Soldering cuts into my barbequeing time.

Dedline

never had the time to try it out, but I asked a systems wireless guy once and he said it should work. Will of course drain ur 9volt a bit less but I'd trade that easy. I don't recall if the wire hookup was different at all though. Maybe email lectrosonics or systems wireless in virginia? btw, the shorter audio cable also should give you lil better audio (less cable to receive interference than a standard hardwired lav plugged on a cube).

dinosaur

The H185 or H187 usually need to be modified to provide 48v phantom power.

Get a voltmeter. Put the negative lead (black)
in pin one. Put the positve lead (red) on either pin two or pin three. If the meter reads 48v, then H187 has been modified to run a condenser mic (powered shotgun). I'm not sure if it might be too much voltage for your Senn. lav mic. There is something else called bias voltage that the beltbacks use to power lavs. You may just cook your lav by plugging it into 48v. Call Sennheiser tech service at (860) 434-9190 before you plug that mic in.

Status
Not open for further replies.