W

<Whats the word>

info on KNDU?
Pay?
station?
is it a good place to start a career?

D

<do the U>

I worked for the sister station in Yakima four 4 years and the pay sucks but you learn alot.
Mike Greif is the prod manager there he will teach you alot. but when I was there he was really pushed by management.
Pay will start at maybe 18,000 but the tri cities is a great place to live. (If you like hot in the summer and cold in the winter)
What position are you appling for I didn't know they had a full time news photog.
usually they thorugh you into studio or audio are even worse commercial production and doing the news at 5:00.
but It will teach you alot because you will do everthing TV has to offer.
afer 5 years in that market you will have the experience to move to Seattle or Portland or Spokane
GOOD LUCK

W

<WhATS THE word>

well, I saw an opening at there station on tvjobs.com. So I sent a tape, I talked to cathrine brown. She seemed nice.

Do you know of her?
Thanks for replyin

D

<Dan In San Fran>

do The U... I worked at KNDO also. Who are you? This is Dan King.

D

<Do the U>

Hey you know the person I sit next to at work
Lili Jang remember birmingham......
Small world Huh

Sore Shoulder

Originally posted by <WhATS THE word>:
well, I saw an opening at there station on tvjobs.com. So I sent a tape, I talked to cathrine brown. She seemed nice.

Do you know of her?
Thanks for replyin
First it's Christine not Cathrine. She always seems nice. But it is a good place to learn--it is the only shop in the Tri-Cities with a photog. Just go in knowing you won't stay longer than you need to. And don't expect too much excitement in the Tri-Cities (news or socially wise). But KNDU is right next door to Jackson's Sports Bar (the TV hang out, at least when I was there). Either way good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.