KEYT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

<justme>

Santa Barbara is a wonderful town. Most of us here at KEYT are willing to trade higher salaries for the lifestyle we have here. The photog. staff is a good bunch of guys who all like and respect one another and the chief (Herb Tuyay) is a great guy to learn from. As for the equiptment, well, we are trying to decide on what format to shoot on next, so the gear is still pretty old and beat up. Overall, I'd say that its worth your time looking into employment at KEYT. :rolleyes:

I

<insider>

KEYT is a station in desperate need of leadership. The upper management needs to make some real decisions about where the station is going. Right now the station is in a bad financial way. This is partly due to the owner, a person who would rather flaunt his wealth rather than give his employees decent equipment and a decent salary.

Starting wages at KEYT are average for Market 118. $9-10.50/Hr. However the cost of living in Santa Barbara outrageous. Expect to pay around $900 for a shabby 1 bedroom apartment.

As the previous post stated the one saving grace for KEYT is the Chief Photog. A news newbie, reporter of photog, can learn a lot from him. He's been at the station for more than 15 years and has outlasted all other management.

The staff in the news department is pretty good. Most of them work hard everyday to put together a quality product. We have our share of dead weight that seems to be a permanent situation here. Regardless the rest of the staff is able to pick up the slack.

I don't mean to rip on the place too much. After all I'm still working there, so there must be something good about it. If your looking to improve your skills and can put up with favoritism at work KEYT is a good stop on the career road. Just be sure its a short stop and not a destination.

W

<who me?>

I work at KEYT as well and the previous post is right on the money(or lack there of.) Bob Smith(our owner) should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.