How do you store and transport your flags?

Starman

Okay,

So I do a lot of ENG or one man band where I load my rock and roller and just go up to an office or hotel room. One problem I have is my flags and how to transport them efficiently. I have looked at the Matthews Road Rags, but I can't buy them for two reasons: they are overpriced and I have already invested my money in 3 flags and a silk.

I am thinking about building a thin, flat box out of thin plywood that could slide on the shelf in my SUV and also could fit on my rock and roller.

Or, I could just bring some black wrap along and just 86 the flags, I could probably survive my interviews without them and improvising with black wrap if I really tried.

What are your thoughts?

Shootblue

I wouldn't limit it to plywood, get creative in your thinking. Maybe there is an art supply bag at Hobby Lobby or something useful at ikea that can be slightly modified, etc.

I wouldn't limit it to plywood, get creative in your thinking. Maybe there is an art supply bag at Hobby Lobby or something useful at ikea that can be slightly modified, etc.

Thats what I use a large art portfolio something like the link below. Plastic sides with zippered edge and carry handles. Actually works pretty well for what it is, if you go that route defiantly get one with a heavier gauge plastic so that it is puncture resistant.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/24-my-carry-all-181305/

Run&Gun

I believe I have the same one as Richard. It has corrugated plastic panels inside to keep the scrims/silks/flags safe from being damaged/punctured. I think I have two each solid, 1-stop silk, full scrim, double scrim, two smaller solids and even some plastic sheeting I use for blacking out windows. You can pack a lot in it.