High Hopes for EDC day 2

Latin Lens

Ravers have high hopes for day two of this weekend rave. I worked a weekend shift and turned a deadline story that turned out not too bad. There were video restrictions but we worked around them. I had a great reporter...good gameplan...wish I could have put a little bit a better ending but "thems the breaks". I usually critique in this forum but I am posting this to accept any and all critiques about this piece. By the way I wrote the first :30 secs of this piece because I like to get involved. Critique away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSSK1zTju4

Latin Lens

Restrictions

Nice! What were the video restrictions? I had lots of friends in Vegas for the weekend.
We couldn't get close to the entrance as they don't like the media presence period...so we basically were confined to the parking lot which isn't all that bad but you miss out on alot of happy ravers about to step in. The big one was footage on the inside. It had to be shot with a non-professional camera...so we had to use our iPhones. I regret not getting a transition shot to get to the night footage but I should have found something but I was so worried with everything else I skipped over it and hate that I did so.

My critique: In the three shot with the girls, I wanted to see more of that girl to the far left!! Haha,.. Just kidding.

It gave a good feel of 'day to night', and I'm guessing you really had the shutter jacked up.

Whenever we're forced into a quick 'plan and execute' situation with the reporter, what are some good principles to incorporate??

Latin Lens

Response

My critique: In the three shot with the girls, I wanted to see more of that girl to the far left!! Haha,.. Just kidding.

It gave a good feel of 'day to night', and I'm guessing you really had the shutter jacked up.

Whenever we're forced into a quick 'plan and execute' situation with the reporter, what are some good principles to incorporate??
Since I was familiar with the event I already knew what I was trying to get...the time we had to shoot was the factor as to what we were going to get. I discussed what I was going to do based on time of day with my reporter (shoot lots of silohuettes) and he was onboard. If you look at my raw...you'll probably see no wasted shot...you have to work smart in a crunch situation...I shot about only 10 mins (if that of raw) because we also had to get interviews. They were short and sweet...and we probably had about 15 mins of total raw interview...you just have to work quicker...get what you need asap...put yourself in a position to get what you want/need and that's exactly what I did. Remember to get ahead of the action...so you'll get better stuff.