High and Dry to Too Hot to Handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahunaPhotog

You ever have those weeks where Monday - Thursday not a d*mn thing is going on, and then Friday you have Breaking News coming out the *ss? You try to end the week on a good note but you leave with a sense lacking.

Newshutr

I know where you're coming from. Now, here in Cleveland, it is FINALLY starting to be summer with the high humidity. Which means more shootings and spot news. I work overnights and it's been kinda quiet ( I know, I just jinxed myself..!) the past few months actually. This week has been quiet..until today and I ran my butt off. Probably tomorrow also..

turdpolisher1

yea, things in baton rouge had slowed down, the memorial day comes around and they catch our serial killer.
yesterday he was indicted on the same day the school board votes on an agreement that will end a 47 year old school deseregration case (the oldest in the country).

in 15 years covering news i've never seen a day with two stories so big happenning on the same day.

KahunaPhotog

Right after I write this note, a city councilman dies on his treadmill, another councilman quits because he plead guilty to tax evasion and then we have our second deadly shoot out in broad daylight. How wierd.

SigLife

wow, thats why i'm pretty superstitous about these things. i won't take my gear out until i'm absolutely finished for the night. i also never say, "oh its going to be an easy day." because whenever i do those things happen.

News Active

I'm beginning to be superstitous too. Last autumn one friday a chemical spill happened in a different town and I said to my co-workers something like "why can't anything ever happen here? An explosion or somehting.."

Just when I was arriving home from work, the scanner started yelling: "A big explosion at a shopping mall, many casualties. The roof has partly collapsed."

Strange..

2000lux

It's always a little unsettling to me that when we're having a busy day, it's usually because some one else is having an extraordinarily bad day.

I've gotten to the point where I never say things like, "Gee whiz I'm bored" or "Man, what a slow day" because I know I'll be running out the door ten minutes later because the Pope's plane crashed in to the space shuttle and landed on the capitol or some thing. :eek:

One night I was typing an e-mail to my girlfriend. The very second I finished typing, "Things are really slow and I'm trying to look busy." I was paged to the desk and then running out the door to some horrible event. Bizarre. :confused:

INLANDNEWS

Talking about slow news days...the Inland Empire area of Los Angeles was quiet all weekend, and I thought to myself this is bizarre...its a full moon...then today we have a missing hiker (who was found) in Mt. Baldy, as I am responding to that scene, a sheriffs deputy on a routine stop in Rancho Cucamonga ends up firing at a suspect in a stolen vehicle, killing the suspect after the deputy was dragged a few feet, then BELIEVE IT OR NOT.... a couple hours later about a block away from that scene, Ontario police go into pursuit of a suspect for a minor beer run and the K9 officer wraps his car around a tree! He was transported with moderate injuries to the hospital via Mercy Air helicopter. Quote from a Sheriffs deputy at the scene..."whats wrong with people tonight!" Yup...you gotta love the thrill of SPOT NEWS!!!

SHAUN
INLANDNEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.