Hey Kim Fatica....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi

Kim,

I hope that I have your attention. I would have been more subtle, but it's hard to find people on the board sometimes.

I was at the last "Cutting Edge" seminar at your mighty fine station. Thanks, by the way. Tons of fun and I learned a lot. My question to you is, I saw you walking around and shooting video during the seminar. I noticed you used a "stethoscope" "kind-of" listening device to monitor your audio. Is that true or was I just imagining it?

I am hopelessly looking for headphones, etc, whatever - to monitor my audio. I like headphones BUT they are constantly breaking and get in the damn way all the time. I don't know about you but I am freakin' FLYING from story to story from transition to transition and the headphone cord get's in the way constantly. And it breaks off more than I can count. So I'm back to using the ole' crappy ear bud. Hoping and praying there is nothing wrong with my audio. The only plus, I think, with the ear bud, is the "stringey(sp)' "loopey' cord that does not get in the way and does not break. I noticed at the workshop, you had one of those, "loopey" cords attached to the "stethoscope" thing.

So...where did you buy them? Do you like it? Reasonable cost? I'm also sick of having the ear-bud jammed in my ear and upping (sp) my chance of having hearing loss someday.

Alternatives? Different kinds of headphones? ETC...

Thanks Kim. Peace - Yogi

W

<Who can it be now>

Kim:
Do I have to start going online for you to respond to my calls? Please get back to me soon or else I'll have to pull out the wifebeater card!

Mr. Ingram
WGHP

kfatica

Originally posted by Yogi:
I noticed you used a "stethoscope" "kind-of" listening device to monitor your audio. Is that true or was I just imagining it?
:eek: Got my full, undivided attention, Yogi! :D

The "cans" you saw me using are made by Telex and they are called a Monoset. Purchased mine from Custom Supply about four or five years ago for somewhere around $30. I've been using Monosets for nearly 15 years now and really like them for ENG use.

Like you, I'm a run-and-gun grunt, so having something as sturdy as the Monoset is a bonus. They are lightweight and work with the common two-pronged IFB cord.

As for alternatives, I think there was a thread about two weeks ago in this very forum about what other people are using for audio monitoring, so you may want to look back through the postings.

As for the Cutting Edge, I'm very happy to know you enjoyed yourself so much at WKYC. We loved hosting the event and hope to have more things here in the future. The Ohio News Photographers Association may have their 2004 convention here and I have begun selling Cleveland as the site for the 2005 NPPA Convention.

Please come back and visit any time. E-mail me if you have any further questions I can help you with.

All the best,
Kim.

P.S. You can check out Custom Supply at www.mediasupplystore.com or call their toll-free number at (800) 451-1425.

kfatica

Originally posted by <Who can it be now>:
Please get back to me soon or else I'll have to pull out the wifebeater card!
How did you know I was wearing my "wifebeater" today??? You dog.

Promise I'll call you. It's been really nutty here since the book started and I ain't gettin' no breaks, neither. I'm a G.A. man, you know.

Did ya see your mug in News Photographer yet? Twice, count 'em TWICE!

Later, bro.

Fateeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.