Help Save b-roll.net

b-roll

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, I'm Kevin Johnson - founder of b-roll.net, The Television Photography website - and I've just created a GoFundMe page for our website.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-save-brollnet/

What is b-roll.net ?

When I started it back in 1996 - it was designed to be the online community for TV news shooters. A site to login to between assignments and see the latest, industry news, tips & tricks, job listings and discussions... The site grew to be an important educational resource for thousands of shooters around the world. We even had our own b-roll.net AWARDS to honor the best of new photography.

The site is a bit of a ghost town these days. Shared discussions have moved on to other social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I take full credit for not doing my job in keeping the site up to date.

The problem is the software we're using to keep the site running is getting a bit old. The programing is buggy and it’s allowing hackers to mess with the code - basically breaking the site.

We're basically left with two choices - UPGRADE OR SHUT DOWN.

To upgrade and host b-roll.net and make it a solid site again takes money - and we don't have advertisers anymore.

At the same time, I don't want to shut it down and lose the resources that have been built up over the years.

We need your help. Donate a little or a lot and help us keep b-roll.net "ON THE AIR." The future updates will allow for better discussions, easier navigation, more shared media and increased integration with social media communities that you're already part of...¦

What do you say? Wanna help us?

If you can donate, that’s awesome! If you can’t, please share this GoFundMe with a photog who has been influenced by b-roll.net over the years.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-save-brollnet/

Last edited:

photogguy

Done and done. This has been a great site and resource for me, and it deserves to be kept "on-air".