Happy 4th

phojorisin

what a crappy job! good story...easy to follow...nice effort on the fast cuts at the beginning. I like it, but I'm not sure the "average viewer" would've appreciated it as much.

I would've liked to see a little more from the confrontation with those guys. Thats the real moment of this story, when you can actually see and hear how this affects the car owner and the repo man. I also don't like when the reporter states the obvious...the guy gave you the finger...but i don't need her to tell me that...i can see it.

The pacing was really good though, and it flowed well. I really didn't notice it was 2:30, because it kept my interest.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Chronological

I enjoyed the shooting and editing in this piece.

Just one thing... why did the tow truck driver take car away... THEN... BACK to what happened BEFORE the car got hooked...?

Even if that was the way it was written, I would have, at least, consulted about making the chronological change.

nguyen.jason

The car got taken away and then the delivery man came and kind of blocked them off to get his stuff. They are the type of guys that will let people get there things because they just want the car. And we thought we could get an I-view out of it. Thats why it looked like that but it went in order.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Oic

The car got taken away and then the delivery man came and kind of blocked them off to get his stuff. They are the type of guys that will let people get there things because they just want the car. And we thought we could get an I-view out of it. Thats why it looked like that but it went in order.
Sorry. Been drinkin' all day.

I still liked it...

Mike@kennedys

My ramblings

A number of things popped into my head….so a’ramblin’ I will go:

As a viewer I wondered how they get into the car to push it away.

It seemed like you were trying to soft sell the repo man a bit, but didn’t really pull it off.

I don’t think the Anchor-In and the Anchor-Out fit with the story.

The story approached a poignant moment…with the “sometimes this job sux” thing but that wasn’t enough to carry the piece if the intent was to portray the guys as ‘regular guys’.

I didn't dig the tripod in the shot in the back seat.

It looks like you only got to go on one repo call with them, which hurt the story.

More b-roll of other cars being collected would have helped the sequence.

The reporter could have asked the repo-man if HE ever had anything re-po'd...that would have been cool if you were shooting for a more light hearted story.

I couldn’t decide if the intent of the piece was to be light hearted and somewhat funny, or serious…like this is a real problem, or if the intent was to show how these guys are softer than they’re stereo-typed. (This goes back to the Anchor In’s and Out’s). I saw a bit of each.

I know more now about the repo man than I did before I watched it. But I wouldn’t really say it told a story.

That's all I've got.