GA State Supreme Court

JMC

My station is sending me to Atlanta on Monday to cover a case in the Georgia Supreme Court with local implications, and I was hoping I could get some advice from someone who has some experience there. I'd like any advice I can get about everything from where to park, to where to set up my camera. I'd also like to know if there will be a Mult Box available for sound. If there's anything else you think I should know please share.

Thanks

Parking is easy, especially when the legislature is not in session. There is media parking along Washington Street between Mitchell and Trinity. You can park there all day for free if you can find a spot. (it's also for police and city workers). If you don't have a marked car make sure you put up a station placard on the dash. If that street is full there's a parking lot across from the capitol on Capitol Pl SW for the senators and state reps, but in the off time you can park all day for three bucks and sometimes free for news cars. It's safe, secure and a good live shot location.

sorry, i've never shot in the ga supreme court chambers. maybe someone else can help with that.

for lunch you can walk to mama mia's at the corner of mitchell and central for pizza and sandwiches.

JMC

Thanks for the info. Going into these things cold always makes me a bit nervous, so even the bits about parking and live shot placement help. Also, I haven't had a decent slice of pizza in a while, so I'm definately gonna check out Mama Mia's.

I'm leaving way early in the morning Monday, but I'll be sure to check back here just before I leave, so if anyone else has advice or useful info, please share.

Thanks again,
JMC

ValCasey

Parking is easy, especially when the legislature is not in session. There is media parking along Washington Street between Mitchell and Trinity.