Funny story

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmic

One of the great things about this job is the crazy sh#% you get to see. I was rolling on all of this, by the way:

This past weekend, we got a call about an injured deer hiding in someone's backyard in a very well-to-do neighborhood. Animal control had been called 3 hours earlier and never showed up so they called us for help. Since it was a VERY slow news day, they sent me out to get a vosot. I get there, sneak into the backyard and there it is, in front of a window obviously bleeding in a couple of places from jumping over the neighbors' fence. I get a few pictures and go out front to talk to the owners of the house. We had a reporter show up and make some phone calls so the cops finally show up but no animal control. So we're all there sitting in the back yard watching this terrified deer waiting for animal control to show up with the tranquilizer gun. They finally show and right when the guy gets ready to shoot the gun, the deer freaks out, jumps through the window it was standing by, cuts it's neck on the glass, and is running through this multi-million dollar house. Everyone runs into the house and finally tackles the deer in the bathtub. Blood was everywhere and the owners of the house were freaking out. Luckily, most of the destruction was broken glass and a few broken lamps and knick knacks. The deer was in really bad condition so, sadly, it had to be euthanized (sp?). I got a great shot of the deer jumping through the window. The only thing that pissed me off is animal control shut the bathroom door in my face so I couldn't get a picture of them tackling it. :mad: The owner of the house finally took me around another way and I got pictures of them tying it up and taking it away. I never knew a deer could make such awful sounds. It made my skin crawl.

B

<Buzz>

I did know deer could make such sounds. Did you ever see Tommy Boy? Brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

On a totally unrelated subject, I gave an interview subject a mic to clip on. I looked down into the viewfinder to set the focus and iris. I look up and there's a thin black wire hanging out of her ear. At first I thought it was a strap for her sunglasses. Nope. She stuck the top of the mic in her ear, windscreen and all. :confused:

I had to look away and count to ten so I didn't laugh right in her face. The reporter helped her through her little ordeal.

cosmic

[QB]I did know deer could make such sounds. Did you ever see Tommy Boy? Brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

LOL!!!! That is exactly what it sounded like! I completely forgot about that movie. I'm going to have to rent it again just for old times' sake.

satop

On a totally unrelated subject, I gave an interview subject a mic to clip on. I looked down into the viewfinder to set the focus and iris. I look up and there's a thin black wire hanging out of her ear. At first I thought it was a strap for her sunglasses. Nope. She stuck the top of the mic in her ear, windscreen and all.
are you serious? did she know it was a mic? that is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!!!

2000lux

A long time ago I interviewed one of my housemates while he was sunning him self in the back yard. He was kind of a twit so I talked him in to cliping the lav on his nipple (clip teeth exposed). The expression on his face was a lot like this: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.