Fire Drill

photoguy603

Latin Lens

Very nicely done. Seriously. Great use of nats in the begining. Once you got to the long soundbite it lost some steam but not much so you did well maintaining through til the end. Excellent closing shot. Here's where you probably need just a couple tweeks to help make this or something similar better. You needed a better opening shot...something a little more compelling to draw me in. The obvious choice would be a wide shot of the fire station with the opening nats underneath it. This helps with just giving us some location and context about where we are in the world as opposed to inside the garage. If you find a cool angle or whatnot...it could really draw the viewer in...and when you draw viewers in from the begining it helps with attention and retention of info. Standup was weak. I can see from her clothes that you all had some pretty nice access to the action...use that to your advantage...standup shoulda been from inside the building because it really woulda helped with better consistency and and you probably coulda made it better with some more movement and action. If you're really up for it....why not do an inside to outside standup? Start indoors with the smoke and as you walk outside the reporter is talking and once outside she removes the mask to finish the standup about whatever is relevant. Find ways to make them interesting and entertaining and most notably purposeful. But you did really good here...great nats...great sequences...truly great effort put forth on this.

photoguy603

hey man thanks as always for the feedback. Like I said there would've been a few things I would've changed and I didn't even think of the exterior of the firehouse since we were in such a rush, so mad now that I didn't have that!