Finally!!!

queen of blue

Yes, it has finally happend. My dear husband has finally landed a gig that pays enough to support us both until I get a job. After many false alarms, the winner is Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Everybody I've talked to by PM about goodness knows how many different markets .... thank you. Now if you know any thing about Cedar Rapids..... I'd like to hear it.

And yes. I do know it's cold there. Not really looking forward to that part.

Tom Servo

Yes, it has finally happend. My dear husband has finally landed a gig that pays enough to support us both until I get a job. After many false alarms, the winner is Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Everybody I've talked to by PM about goodness knows how many different markets .... thank you. Now if you know any thing about Cedar Rapids..... I'd like to hear it.

And yes. I do know it's cold there. Not really looking forward to that part.

Which station?

Grangeway

Ah yes... "The City of Five Smells." At least you're not too far from a nice university town. I haven't lived in Iowa since 1986 but I couldn't resist a cheap shot at CR.

KGAN used to be a great station. KCRG is located there. Don't discount checking whether Frank Magid Associates hires tech staff for their operation. Maybe you can for freelance for IPTV. It's headquartered in a Des Moines suburb but there used to be a translator facility in Iowa City. There's Coe College in CR and the University of Iowa in Iowa City (but we all know that Drake University is the real University of Iowa.)

Good luck. There's a Manfred Mann song called "Stranded." It's on the album "Chance." By the end of your first winter in Iowa, you'll know what that means.

Eightmile

I wouldn't say it's too bad. I'm from near the Quad Cities and their baseball team, the River Bandits (name has since changed) would play there for home games whenever the river would flood out the stadium...So it's not too far away from there either. (really! It's not! after a while there distance becomes kind of relative anyway. 2.5 hours doesn't seem so far after all!) Hope you like weather, cause it will get interesting. My theory is Iowa is too flat and doesn't really block anything coming in from the west. Have fun!

queen of blue

Actually right this instant it's 29 in SC and 35 in IA. They're having the most mild winter in memory so far.

I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way, so we can adjust gradually.

Tom - no station. DH is a software engineer. Got hired by Rockwell Collins. He's pretty estatic.