Equipment finance - Loan or Lease?

CODE3VP

Hey folks,

Do any of you have any suggestions or recommendations for equipment financing? Any reasonable and reputable finance companies to work with that may specifically deal with video equipment?

Thanks!!

Lensmith

BandPro in LA used to sell and finance gear.

http://www.bandpro.com/

One buddy of mine had a deal years ago to lease his camera from a company with a dollar buyout at the end of the "lease". Not sure anyone still does that.

Call around to a few big city suppliers to get a feel for what's out there. It's a place to start. ;)

CODE3VP

Yes, Direct Source Capital does the $1 buyout at the end of the lease term or renew at same terms for new equipment. I just thought the payments seem kind of high.

Run&Gun

Go with a bank loan. Out of four cameras, I got a bank loan for three and paid cash for my last one. I almost went with an equipment leasing company for my third camera(first HD camera), but their terms were NOT favorable, especially compared to traditional bank loans. The deal breaker was that I would have been responsible for ALL of the interest for the full term of the loan regardless of early payoff(I always paid my loans off early, usually a few years early).