Edius5.? output

Rad

I'm trying to figure the best outout for web video using Edius 5.? exporter. All the qt conversions seem to have a weird pulsing problem and the wmv's seem to be out out if a/v sync. Thoughts?

lbvp

Rad, been using Edius since v3 and can't say I ever seen those issues. what version of QT & WM are on the machine. are you using 512?

maybe try running the last update to see if something went amiss.
you might hop over to the edius forum with this as well.

John

cameragod

Are you using the Pro Coder 3 wizard?
When I'm doing QT I have to go into the advance settings to change it to H.264 and that makes a big difference.
Also I don't use the Wizard for wmv's, setting a generic target seems to work better.

Rad

I had no problems using the wizard in v3, but can't seem to fins a good fit using v5... I'll check the edius forums... but you know, b-roll is always the place to start

cameragod

ummm Edius 5 uses Procoder v3... :)
I've found I need to mess around in the advanced setting a bit more on v3.

grinner

You may find 640X480 wmv files at 500kbs are fine for web use, depending on your needs. Upload those to vimeo or your favorite hosting site and the end result is more than fine (ahain, depending on your needs). If using a hosting site like Vimeo, QTs with those same specs are fine too but I get more interlacing with QTs and the added file sizes slow down the process.