Do you use a secondary camera?

Phojokash

My question to you all. What type of secondary camera do you use? (make/model)

I've seen many fellow photojournalist posting on social media their use of multiple cameras for interviews. Currently, I use a Go Pro as my secondary for the wide cutaway two shot.
As part of an Investigative News team, I've been asked to incorporate more of the reporter and interviewee back and forth, and get the reversal shot of the reporter. The Go Pro can get the job done but I want something a bit more controllable.

I am asking because my executive producer told me to get a pricing on possible cameras and maybe the company will purchase it for me. Now I have seen many use DSLR cameras but that may be a bit too pricey. Anyone know of any consumer cameras that could get the job done?

Run&Gun

While I'm not a fan of DSLR's for video, I do, sometimes, use one of my 5D's as a lock-off reversal or 2nd wide(er) shot of the subject or a third camera. My s35 cams are a C300 and F55 and it cuts fairly well with them, especially the C300. I usually carry it most of the time in my lens back-pack with an adapter to power it off of my bricks and I have an HDMI-to-SDI converter to run it into my multi-viewer.

Focused

If a DSLR is too pricy, your exe producer needs to find more room in their budget.

They are the best option for "cheap" cameras that have full manual control.

If a DSLR is too pricy, your exe producer needs to find more room in their budget.

They are the best option for "cheap" cameras that have full manual control.
I would agree if you are staff and not needing to feed the raw video. I am freelance now and do not favor DSLR for anything except photos or time-lapse. But that is mostly because I generally need to be able to feed things in real time for editing in NY or LA. IF that is the case look at the c-100, pxwx-200 or similar depending on what your needs are.

Run&Gun

I would agree if you are staff and not needing to feed the raw video. I am freelance now and do not favor DSLR for anything except photos or time-lapse. But that is mostly because I generally need to be able to feed things in real time for editing in NY or LA. IF that is the case look at the c-100, pxwx-200 or similar depending on what your needs are.
I actually fed in DSLR video a few weeks ago on a TVU. What a mix: My F55, producers handycam and my 5D.