dealing with tourettes

Latin Lens

Very powerful story....excellent shooting. You got all the necessary nats for each sequence and you got every sequence you needed to tell and pace the story.

The time and effort you put into this piece is obvious. An excellent job.

Astocker

I might as well stick my nose in on this part of the forum as well.....

This is an excellent story. Very well shot, and probably even more so, very well edited. Great use of sound. Not one missing element. And as I always say, you can't shoot it tight enough. You shot it tight and nailed it. XCUs are what people remember the most unless you have some totally dramatic action.

OK, so here's the but..... it all jumps off the screen until the formal interview with the doc. The lack of good lighting there seems like a stumble in an otherwise perfect run. If your lighting can rise to the level of your shooting, you will be a steamroller. I know lighting in local markets takes a back seat most of the time for the obvious reasons. So it becomes even more important for someone to make a name for themselves by learning to do it better than anyone in town. They might match you shot for shot, but you learn to be clever with the lights, you'll shoot right past them (pun intended).

Keep up the good work. You'll always have a job.

elvez

I thought it was excellent as well. Video, sound and script all working seamlessly. I didn't know these kinds of stories were still being done.

And as a father of a teenage son with Tourettes, I was riveted.
Please post part 2 asap!

Cletus918

WOW!

I gotta say that was REALLY good. This is the type of stuff I look to model myself after as I continue to grow as a photog.

Unfortunately, at my station we are never given the kind of time that you obviously worked with. Your extra effort and patience definitely shows.

Can't wait for part 2!!!!

couryhouse

awating part 2!

Extremely well done craft wise and a great story. Will await the outcome, now I want to know how he does after surgery. be sure to submit this for a regional Emmy (R) Award.

Interesting side note. those maps created by cat scans they use as a map for surgery is similar to the helmet I wore for a cat scan and then sinus surgery - alas I was out and could not film it though!

this is part one of a two part series... any comments are welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu94QRTLG0k&feature=channel_page