dealing with tourettes part 2

elvez

Couldn't tell you squat about the mechanics of your story.
I'm to busy tearing up thinking about what that guy and my son have gone/go thru.
Glad to see he has some peace now.
great storytelling. gonna show both stories to my family.

Astocker

Seriously, Midwest. The only difference between this and a network story is the lighting on the doctor. You are so close.

Latin Lens

Dude...again awesome job from begining to end. This is good storytelling.

My only question is why was the reporter not involved in the piece at all? Is this a station mandate or did you feel it would be distracting...because a nice two shot at some point could have helped?

thanks

Thanks for all the comments... we spent almost a year on this so it's nice to hear that kind of feedback. Latin on many of the shoots I was the only one there as the reporter for the story was our main anchor. She also felt that she didn't want to be in the story itself, and let all the focus be on Denny and his family.

I agree lighting is a weak spot for me, I have had no formal training and am learning as I go. But definately something I will KEY in on... no pun intended :)

Latin Lens

Thanks for all the comments... we spent almost a year on this so it's nice to hear that kind of feedback. Latin on many of the shoots I was the only one there as the reporter for the story was our main anchor. She also felt that she didn't want to be in the story itself, and let all the focus be on Denny and his family.

I agree lighting is a weak spot for me, I have had no formal training and am learning as I go. But definately something I will KEY in on... no pun intended :)

I figured that was the case....you were the only one there. I guess stations are trying to get more "reporter involved" so I just thought I bring it up. If I did this story I'd defintely have to get a walking two shot or OTS shot....something to show reporter presence.

Really great storytelling.....

Astocker

I loved the style of the whole piece. I wouldn't change a thing.

As for lighting, it is readily apparent that you have a good eye so it can't be that much of a stretch for you to see what "good" lighting entails. Just watch some news magazine shows or high end commercials and figure it out. After a while of study you'll realize that it's a very basic formula with a few variations. Trust me. Learning this will catapult you into the next dimension.

Great work in every respect.