Dallas photojournalist pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

<like to know...>

I'm looking to get to the Dallas market and would like to know what someone could expect to make?

Does everybody pay about the same? What about the Fox and WB there?

I could really use any input you guys/gals may have to help me decide where I should look for my next job.

Thanks.

(Sin)ical

Big D! I think you can start somewhere in the 33's and work up to 55's. Obviously experience being a factor in starting. I would try the veteran stations first, then look at the others. KTVT had an opening posted on the jobs list here about a month ago. It used to be my dream to go home and work for the stations I grew up watching, until I fell in love with Vegas. Now working in Dallas isn't such a big goal anymore.(I remember the humidity, and don't suffer from any here) Good luck. Dallas is a great news market, plus you have all of the sports. A little severe weather in the right seasons, but mostly hot and sticky. When the roads ice over, it is a disaster. There will be 35 car pile-ups all over, because they all get on the icy bridge and hit their brakes. For some entertainment, I'd reccommend you go see the Polyphonic Spree. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.