Dallas Cowboys practice facility collapses during thunderstorm

FLotog

I'm astonished that no one was killed. The aftermath looked like damage from a tornado.

I can't understand why the photographer from the CBS station stopped rolling when it started to collapse. From the color of the video towards the end, it appears his camera was exposed to a good amount of rain.

Shocker

great job, everyone

CBS and FOX had excellent coverage of the accident. The video from Larry Rodriguez (sorry if I misspelled your name) at KDFW was the first footage I saw from inside as the roof collapsed. He did a great job of covering the story while running to safety. He also did a good job of explaining the accident during the interview segments with Doocey. I hope your hand heels quickly.

Canonman

I hope your hand heels quickly.
Wasn't Larry the one who got the wrong end of a Kenny Rogers (baseball player) temper tantrum a few years back?

Arnold from WFAA got it from inside also. You can see when the building is breached because of the WB shift. Good shots, and I'm glad most everyone is okay. Could have been much worse.

cm

Last edited:

Chicago Dog

That's great video, but it would be far better if it weren't the size of a postage stamp!

I'm glad to see everyone kept their heads on straight. I'll be the CBS11 shooter is kicking himself for hitting that record button before he did, though.

Land Rover

Yes, Larry was the photog in the Kenny Rogers incident. I've known him pretty much since I moved to Dallas. Glad to see he and most everyone else made it through that okay. I'm surprised there weren't more injuries.

Grangeway

Too bad Jerry wasn't there, I guess God was pissed he couldn't watch practice from above.
And now with "A Man Is Paralyzed For Life Joke Series," here's Sneakybastard.

Seriously, not cool in the least.

I'd like the record to state that my NFL affiliation is the Denver Broncos going back to 1972 when a 7-5-2 record was the high point and the great chemical engineering PhD. Charley Johnson was the starting QB.