Cops/Limited Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

2gigch1

Gee, if you jump in on the cop's side that's about as close as you can get to a free ticket. I can understand the fun.

Air_7

Originally posted by texaschaser:
Adding my two-cents...

I will fight for my right of media access as long as I photog. I confront them all the time. If I'm arrested, so be it. I roll tape on the guy who tells me I can't go farther. I stick a mic in his face, too. I play it for his captain, or his chief. I'll air it if it's a good example of how law enforcement keeps the people denied their right to know what happens in their own neighborhood.

There is never a good reason to not get the story because a rogue cop backed you away. Those who make the arguement that you just get what the cops will let you don't have the passion for storytelling.
Very well put and I'm glad to see that there are still a few of us that don't let the cops push you around and make there own laws up of why you can't shot this story....They think they are gods and try to sensor everything....

I think they see our cameras as a loaded shotgun.......I will agree with that because TV is much more powerfull then any gun in a cops holster.....They usually find this out when the rougue cop is now on TV......

A sergeant for the CHP told me that he was told 20 years ago in the academy,"Don't Do Anything You Don't Want Your Mother To See On The 5:00pm News"

Status
Not open for further replies.