Composition! Great tips by Steve McCury

At the scene

These tips I learned in College back in 1986. Apparently they don't teach anymore!

Today I watched a College Grad from J school working for a top 7 market newspaper, set up a tripod for (no lie) 15 minutes. 2 minutes to spread the legs and 13 minutes to balance the head. Honestly it was like a comedy routine. Adjusting the leg height to level the bubble, not knowing that all she had to do was adjust the head to level it.

Funny thing is I have tons of stories to tell about today's graduates who are not being taught the basics never mind shooting composition.

These tips are nice but it's something that anyone who is in this business should have learned or touched upon in school.

Teddy

These tips I learned in College back in 1986. Apparently they don't teach anymore!

Today I watched a College Grad from J school working for a top 7 market newspaper, set up a tripod for (no lie) 15 minutes. 2 minutes to spread the legs and 13 minutes to balance the head. Honestly it was like a comedy routine. Adjusting the leg height to level the bubble, not knowing that all she had to do was adjust the head to level it.

Funny thing is I have tons of stories to tell about today's graduates who are not being taught the basics never mind shooting composition.

These tips are nice but it's something that anyone who is in this business should have learned or touched upon in school.
Did you yell at her to get off your lawn while you were at it?