Canopus Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

<Camerafrk02>

Does anyone have any information about their analog/DV converters? Or does anyone know about this company. I'm looking for a analog/dv converter to capture from VHS into my mac. Any advice would help.

LowLt

I use a Sony i.LINK codec media converter. It's a DVMC-DA2. It will work with any DV source or S-VHS. Hope that helps.

D

<dv>

I read that the canopus is a good one to go with because it guarantees synced audio.

I believe the model is ADVC-100.

eb

There is also a ADVC-300 now, which has a bit more features. Canopus is known for its quality codec. videoguys.com is a good site for info.

-eb

whatsatripod

I also own the canopus ADVC-100 I had some problems with my computer recognizing it was there until I hit the power on switch and made sure it was set to analog in! Other than that no problems great little tool when I am needing to import video and audio into my Pinnacle Editing sweet. I just wish it had pro connectors rather than RCA.

S

<Sycophant>

The Canopus unit is good (at least based on my vague interaction with it in testing before I shipped it to a remote island to become someone else's problem) - if you are looking for higher-end converters (SDI<->DV25) I know that Miranda make one (and lots of other neat toys, if you are into that sort of thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.