Canon C 100

Hess

PRO user
Greetings,

You guys have been a wealth of knowledge over the years and I'm hoping you can help me out again.

I have changed jobs as a result of being downsized but have landed on my feet, still shooting and editing.

My new employer handed me a Canon C 100 and told me it was mine to use.

I looked up a little about it online and was wondering if anyone has used it.
Could you share what you liked and didn't like??

It seems like a great little camera and it's not beat up at all, very clean.

I'll be shooting short human interest type features, so not a lot of sports like I was doing.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you have experiences with this camera that you would like to pass on.

So far the extra small viewfinder is not ideal, but the big flip out monitor is nice.

Thanks as always for any help you can share.

Joey

Greetings,

You guys have been a wealth of knowledge over the years and I'm hoping you can help me out again.

I have changed jobs as a result of being downsized but have landed on my feet, still shooting and editing.

My new employer handed me a Canon C 100 and told me it was mine to use.

I looked up a little about it online and was wondering if anyone has used it.
Could you share what you liked and didn't like??

It seems like a great little camera and it's not beat up at all, very clean.

I'll be shooting short human interest type features, so not a lot of sports like I was doing.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you have experiences with this camera that you would like to pass on.

So far the extra small viewfinder is not ideal, but the big flip out monitor is nice.

Thanks as always for any help you can share.

Joey
I have used it, not really a fan but that is more about ergonomics and the like. For some things it works well.

My observations and personal feelings are that it is a great little camera on a tripod or for controlled interviews.

But a lot of people, outfits try to make it and the c300 into something more all purpose. I don't like either in handheld they are very front heavy and the controls tend to be behind your head in that position.

As for the viewfinder I can't think of anybody I have ever seen using the little back viewfinder most everybody flips out the monitor and moves it to the under mount position where a more traditional viewfinder would sit.

BluesCam

I would pretty much echo what Geoff said. It is a small footprint camcorder. It can create beautiful images with good glass. A friend of mine has one and I have seen it in action many times. Great on a tripod, a bit difficult to handhold. It is a 4:2:0 camcorder, but still does nice work, much like the EX1 did. The advantage to the C 100 is the ability to change lenses, and it shoots on cheap cards. I have noticed that the audio output in the headphone jack is quite low. During one shoot we did with it, it had a hiccup and would not input audio. We had to shut it down, pull the battery off and let the camera drain. When we rebooted all was good. It only happened once out of many many shoots. Maybe try to find a shoulder mount rig for it. Good luck.

Hess

PRO user
Thanks,

That's pretty much what I'm finding with it.

I used it today and it was good, I did like adjusting the ISO so I could open the lens a little more, but doing any kind of handheld work was a chore.

I have just started looking for a shoulder mount.

Thanks again.

Joey