cameraphones--NOT!

couryhouse

live feeds aircards etc

It seems that you have to stream it at a low rate like 56k. 128 k does not work well.... or just gather video and use the aircard just to upload a file.

But having things live is really were we need to see things perfected

what rate were you streaming at?

Terry E. Toller said:
We set up a time during the middle of the night and I set up my camera on an intersection. I fed the video into my laptop with the aircard activated and sent it to the station's ip... the producer had the ability to actually patch directly to feed from the server to broadcast. For the test, the last step was not done... Anyway, it didn't work too well. We got a few bad hits every minute and a half or so... I guess it would be OK for a live bumper but I would not count on it!

Terry E. Toller

come on Ed! The photos are nice but you could at least resize them so we don't have to scroll so far through your posts to get back to the conversation at hand...

couryhouse

the photo size

I will have to make up smaller ones... all I did was point to some that already existed on the web site.
ed

Terry E. Toller said:
come on Ed! The photos are nice but you could at least resize them so we don't have to scroll so far through your posts to get back to the conversation at hand...

Land Rover

Aircards

One of my old stations had three or four black boxes about the size of a laptop that were designed to take the playback off the camera and transmit it back to the station thru a cellular connection, an analog cellular connection that is. They weren't being used by the time I started there and they proably never got out of the test phase because of how bad the quality was. My understanding of their quality is that they made video coming over a satphone look like HD.

Run 'n' Get 'em

I was on a road trip last week that took me through Atlanta and Birmingham, where Sprint has their EVDO speed... I was averaging 2.4Mbps going through my Q using a program called PDANet...

If you go to http://www.sprint.com/sero they have a deal for a free card and unlimited data for $50/month... Use the email address openaccess@sprint.com to login. You could rig this up in your car and use Skype for phonecalls too.

couryhouse

Unlimited data NOT!

there is a data cap on the broadband cards.. I have not hit it but.... I understand you get to a certain linit and shutdown....

I was on a road trip last week that took me through Atlanta and Birmingham, where Sprint has their EVDO speed... I was averaging 2.4Mbps going through my Q using a program called PDANet...

If you go to http://www.sprint.com/sero they have a deal for a free card and unlimited data for $50/month... Use the email address openaccess@sprint.com to login. You could rig this up in your car and use Skype for phonecalls too.

Run 'n' Get 'em

If they advertise unlimited, it has to be unlimited... Comcast is getting bitten b/c they advertise "unlimited access" cable internet, but start shutting people down if they use a lot of data. No one wants the same kind of PR that they're getting...

Aradheya

Camera phones have become so much more than the original phone with a handy, low-end camera attached. The leaps in camera phone technology mean that with a good camera phone you can completely forget about carrying both a digital camera and a mobile phones.