"Breaking News" (TV Drama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sycophant

I saw someone mention this show in the Bruce Almighty thread the other day.

Just so happens I was watching TV late one night here, and happened upon the show. I don't know how far through the series it is, but in the episode I saw a producer and reporter on the way back from a story witnessed a plane crash, and were the first people on the scene.

It was a very realistic show in many respects and I was pretty impressed. But what I liked most was the thought-provoking look at media ethics in the story. It was malodramatic, but handled pretty well I thought.

If only it wasn't on a 12:45am here, I could actually watch it more often. Still, I can tape it.

Anyone else seen the show? I understand it was on Bravo in the US.

Also, in a similar vain is an Australian show called "Frontline" which was renamed "Breaking News" for the US market (confusing). I was a very sharp satire of current affairs shows. Totally worth a watch if you get the chance.

IMDB links for anyone who cares:
Frontline: http://us.imdb.com/Details?0108780
Breaking News: http://us.imdb.com/Details?0245022

P

<Photog>

I saw a couple of episodes yesterday, good stuff!! I did notice that not much was said about the photogs. Did give me an inside view of a couple of markets which I liked since I do want to move up with time.

Phojo2

How can I get copies of the series on Discovery Times Channel? The network isn't selling any copies.

E

<exphotog>

Originally posted by <Photog>:
I I did notice that not much was said about the photogs.
It's been on a few times. It's been referred to more than once on this board. I liked the fact that it was pretty unfiltered. It shows the stresses that we all go through like getting into it with the producer on the phone about being called off a story, or being expected to turn a bite and go live at the same time, then watching the blame game.

My biggest problem (as was someone elses) that ALL of the newsroom roles are included EXCEPT that of the photog. As per usual, in many minds, we are just mules. We don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.