Any jobs?

• Thread starter <Looking Ahead>
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

<Looking Ahead>

Ive perused the B-roll job listings, TvJobs, Talent Dynamics, NPPA, etc...applied for a few, couple call backs... Im a small market photog with good basic skills, looking for someplace to learn, not just run and gun. I've got a good basic knowledge of lighting, editing, non lin, live van, all of that. I'm frustrated working at a barebones operation, and have reached as high as I can reach here. Anyone know of any unlisted openings?

2gigch1

You may be better off identifying stations you would like to move to, contact the appropriate individuals, and make friends. Most good jobs go to people who have been witing for n opening for some time. As few jobs as there are managers prefer to go to people who are known quantities. That means good references by people the manager trusts or by personally engaging the manager prior to the job even opening. I usually assume 1-2 years prior to a hire.

For example, in my institution, when the next opening comes there are several candidates who have already done the legwork for the opening. Of course the manager will investigate all applicants, but the chances that an 'unknown' will get the offer are greatly reduced.

There are a lot of good shooters who want one of the rare slots in a good shop...

M

<mlps>

i think there are some opennings at two stations up here...

L

<Looking Ahead>

It appears that by your name you mean Minneapolis. I am honestly not anywhere near the level to go there at this point. Perhaps a better explanation of my situation is that I am looking for a job that could get me work there later on down the road.

W

<Well,,,>

Keep an eye on WHIZ in Zanesville. They are not hiring that I know of at this time, but the turnover in most departments there is high. (mainly due to market size)

Schett

You might try KSNW and KAKE in Wichita, Ks. They are both good shops and great places to learn from high quality photojournalists.

S

<sunburn>

stay away from knxv, the chief and the station are messed up.

C

<Control Track>

Originally posted by <sunburn>:
stay away from knxv, the chief and the station are messed up.
By being anonymous, can you be more specific? If not here, then perhaps to my email address ENG_TV@lycos.com

C

<cutter>

KSNW in Wichita is a pretty solid photo shop....just steer clear of their news director and you'll be OK.

L

<Looking Ahead>

Anything else out there? Looking for markets bigger than 100, pay according to market prices, 22k is a good starting point

H

<harrisburgphotog>

WHP has an opening and is big on NPPA style shooting. We have a new chief and I would guess that the price is what you are looking for. Give a call and send a tape! I like it here!!! :D

W

<Workhorse>

Got an opening at KTUL....go to the web site and look under jobs.

Please have a good selection of work in package form....I.E....no montages!!!

Pay is fair for the market and overtime plenty if ya want.

They do pay relocation cost(That has to bargained for)!

Cams are old but support gear is to much to list!!

Later horse!!!

staff of 13 and normally if you work package that is all you work on...maybe a vo or vosot too, but work load and people are true and honest!!!

PEACE!

H

<hey WHP>

who is the new chief?
and is trentley still there?
worked on the burg many a year ago

W

<WHP>

Yep, Jerry is still there. In fact he is the New Chief! We are getting new toys so give a call.

F

<Future>

Stay away from WHIZ-TV. It's not a good shop. They put 1 photog per shift, and they don't really teach you anything. :confused:

W

<Workhorse>

try try and try again!!!If your tape has gotten better then its worth a shot!!!

Now I hope your record(driving and criminal is clean)that is a big thing where ever one goes!!!

later horse

Status
Not open for further replies.