and... new camera phone article across my desk.

couryhouse

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/04/technology/04yahoo.html?_r=2&oref=login&pagewanted=print

December 4, 2006
Have Camera Phone? Yahoo and Reuters Want You to Work for Their News Service
By SAUL HANSELL
Hoping to turn the millions of people with digital cameras and camera phones into photojournalists, Yahoo and Reuters are introducing a new effort to showcase photographs and video of news events submitted by the public.

Starting tomorrow, the photos and videos submitted will be placed throughout Reuters.com and Yahoo News, the most popular news Web site in the United States, according to comScore MediaMetrix. Reuters said that it would also start to distribute some of the submissions next year to the thousands of print, online and broadcast media outlets that subscribe to its news service. Reuters said it hoped to develop a service devoted entirely to user-submitted photographs and video
goto http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/04/technology/04yahoo.html?_r=2&oref=login&pagewanted=print
to read the entire story.......

villagevidiot

interesting...

so they are trying to let everyone be a still photographer...I know that camera phones are becoming more and more popular, but come on!

Stormgod

What they have in mind is getting FREE pics of breaking news and screwing US out of a living. They, like ABC have no intention of paying for the pics. Once you send em in, your screwed out of the rights.

couryhouse

the rights to the pis they send in

I doubt the people that send things in even read the fine print about assignment of rights... they could have the shot of the year and.... pfffft! I even wonder if the network would properly credit it?

Land Rover

Picture Rights

I doubt the people that send things in even read the fine print about assignment of rights... they could have the shot of the year and.... pfffft! I even wonder if the network would properly credit it?
You have to figure that most of the people that would send them in wouldn't even know they have any rights to their photos, or probably care. They just want to see "their" picture or video clip being used. It's another way to generate a few more hits on Yahoo's website as well.