Afghanistan, Adobe CS5, EX-1R and more

austinsatguy

Hello to all my B-Roll friends,

I am currently in Afghanistan (again) and loving it (normal for me).

I just wanted to let everyone know how well Adobe CS5, Sony EX-1R and GoPro's are working together.... Simply amazing. We are working with EX footage and, AVCHD from several different cameras. CS5 and my new laptop just simply scream through the whole process, from taking the raw material in to final output. Others on the crew are using brand new Mac Towers loaded all the way, running FCP... and simply put, can not keep up.....

I am not looking to get into any deep discussion on FCP vs. Adobe, just reporting on what I am seeing here firsthand. So if you have been on the fence waiting to buy that new edit software I truly think CS5 is a contender.

If you have any serious questions, please feel free to ask. My reply may take a bit..

Bill

Necktie Boy

Hi Bill,

Any problem with sound?

In another forum, CS5 has problem with the EX card files. I guess Adobe worked out the bug.

But there was a shoot out between CS5 and FCP.....CS5 killed FCP!

Good to hear that CS5 is working great. Thinking of picking up a copy. Using CS4.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

austinsatguy

No Sound Problems

Hi Bill,

Any problem with sound?

In another forum, CS5 has problem with the EX card files. I guess Adobe worked out the bug.

But there was a shoot out between CS5 and FCP.....CS5 killed FCP!

Good to hear that CS5 is working great. Thinking of picking up a copy. Using CS4.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
No Sound problems at all, we have shot over 30 hours of footage on 3 different EX-1R and have had no Audio issues.

Would you mind sharing what problems others were having, just so I can be on the lookout..

Bill

Necktie Boy

Hi Bill,

My bad, it is actually with the Nanoflash files. Long GOP 100Mbps with sound problems.

Off the board:

BOTH the video and audio show up ONLY in the video timeline! I can edit the video OK, but any edit of audio in Premiere is totally impossible - the only way the audio can be edited is to take it into Soundbooth, clip by clip from the Premiere timeline, and then bring it back into Premiere, where it again is combined with the Video (making audio transitions, etc. impossible

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-nanoflash/480092-mxf-files-mishandled-premiere-cs4-cs5.html

Sorry, I guess I read too much information.