2007 Airborne Stops Announced

Steve Sweitzer

The 2007 Airborne TV Seminar will be stopping in Rochester, NY on Saturday, October 20th and Des Moines, IA on Sunday, October 20th. Mark your calendars. Both Photographers and Reporters are welcome.

More details will follow soon.

Steve Sweitzer
Airborne TV Seminar Chair

thru-the-lens

Whats the deal? The nppa website shows that the Airborne is stopping in Dallas and Denver in 2006? I thought that the nppa was making all announcements on their website? Weren't they updating the ability to post things related to TV in a timely manner on their site?

Nppa proving again that when TV photographers need to know they turn first to B-ROLL.NET!

thru-the-lens.

Steve Sweitzer

Web site

Greetings,
Don't blame the NPPA. I'm treading water as fast as I can but it takes a little time and energy to pull one of these puppies together. First we line up the locations, then the speakers, then prepare the ad for News Photographer (which needs a month's lead time) and then we build the web page from the ad. Maybe this could come together more quickly if I didn't have a full time job and family on the side.
Regards,
Steve

thru-the-lens

B-roll.net and timely info

Steve thanks for the info. I've attended the Airborne in the past and found it to be worth the time, effort and dollars spent to attend.

I just can't seem to figure out if the webmaster for the nppa doesn't update in a more timely manner? and more often?

As near as I can tell they don't have anyone specifically tasked with that job. I have no website design skill at all so that is why I don't volunteer to help the site.

thru-the-lens.

Steve Sweitzer

NPPA Web

Greetings,
Stephen Samples is the NPPA's net geek. I'm pretty sure it is a full time position. I have always found him very helpful when it comes to the programs I'm responsible for promoting. I do know that he always has a cue of projects that he's working on so it may take a week or two for him to totally rebuild a page.

I spoke with him today and he just received from me the updated material for the Airborne site and hopes to have the new pages up during the first week in July - not too shabby for a program that isn't until October.

In a perfect world I'd be working further ahead on the Airborne but in reality, I have the Advanced Team StoryTelling Workshop in April and don't even think about the Airborne until May and then it takes a few weeks to pull all the pieces together.

I'm off for a much needed week of vacation and I'll be posting more details about the Airborne line up upon my return.

Thanks for your interest,