Search results

1. cameragod

Anyone shooting ENG News with prime lenses?

Now days I'm mostly shooting production. I've got a Blackmagic URSA Mini with a PL mount and a set of vintage Russian primes. When I got a news gig I'd swap the mount for a B4 and run a Zoom lens. But then swapping mounts a screw snapped and that was stressful. I was able to get it out with a...
  2. cameragod

Anthony Hopkins lost my phone

He may be an Oscer winning actor but in 1998 we were interviewing Sir Anthony (along with a lot of other media) on top of a Welsh mountain he had bought and donated to the National Trust, after the interview (using my phone as a mix-minus link to the studio) he asked if he could make a call as...
  3. cameragod

Covid-19 work advice

Edward Lawrence‎ posted some great advice for those of us still working out there CORONAVIRUS – my personal advice for shoot/ edits and video journalists. Hello everyone, I'm one of the BBC's China camera journalists and I've been covering the coronavirus story on the ground here since Jan -...
  4. cameragod

Vlogging and disaster tourists

I'm just back from Australia volunteering for HUHA (helping you help animals) an NZ charity establishing triage centers and building shelters for injured wildlife. Normally I'm on the other side of the lens so it was interesting to me observing the coverage. A strange aspect was the buzzing...
  5. cameragod

Cameraman wrongly accused of being a ‘pervert’ for filming Christmas Lights

From Darrell Browns Facebook page Ok I promise you ...I'm not making this up..this was my night tonight.......how quickly your life can suddenly spiral out of control.... I was filming the Christmas lights this evening for a client of mine and the City of Perth.....I'm shooting various wide...
  6. cameragod

Music video

I shot and cut a music video that was a bit of fun. I learned a lot about using Fusion in Davinci Resolve doing this. It is amazing what can be done in it.
  7. cameragod

Resolve new Cut function

Davinci Resolve 16 comes with a new "cut" feature that they say will mean faster editing for news and doco editors. Amazing software that is free. I've got the paid version that came with my BM URSA Mini. I use it a lot at home but is anyone using it for a news company...
  8. cameragod

Drone Music Video

So being able to fly a drone seems to be coming more and more important as a skill. I find while I'm not always the best around at actually flying the drone, as a cameraman I am better at getting the shots needed. Some drone operators come back with many minuets of footage but not the one shot...
  9. cameragod

Yay its back

Yay!
  10. cameragod

New JVC GY-HM650 for newsgathering!

JVC just released this product video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auRxdxO9Unc&feature=youtu.be
  11. cameragod

why newspaper video sucks

I agree with SVP, wikileaks would really beat them up.
  12. cameragod

Drone journalism takes off

Remote control helicopter .
  13. cameragod

Go Pro on RC plane

Can try to promote, and let everyone play with aerial photography .
  14. cameragod

What's your fave app?

My favorite app is Instagram. It's a photo sharing app, and you can manipulate you pic's with different filters and such.