Today I....

natspop

Wow

herter857 said:
Went to a family who had KKK burned into their lawn for no reason. Go figure the police and FBI wouldn't talk to us so we had to go to the NAACP. Made for a very interesting story.
I'm sure THAT interview led to an unbiased well rounded report... If all I have left in this business to put on TV is an interview with the NAACP, it's time to do something else.

RichVid

Meanwhile, moving on, shot a 2-alarm fire at a strip mall with flames, a truly tragic car crash in which 4 young men were killed and the only survivor was the 19 year old female that was driving (critical w/internal injs) at 100mph+ in a residential area, and about 2.5 minutes of light rain falling overnight - very generic... And yet, the hottest clip was....The Rain... amazing

Wutangmaster

Trapped in the closet

Shot my whole story in a closet. It was about a closet. Not a lot of room made for tight quarters. Good thing I was stuck in with two hot chicks.

BluesDaddy

wutang said:
Shot my whole story in a closet. It was about a closet. Not a lot of room made for tight quarters. Good thing I was stuck in with two hot chicks.
So...

are you out of the closet now?
:p

Did a corporate show, ate on the client's tab, had some Starbuck's (again on the client's tab), and then sat in traffic. Boring day, but got fed on someone else's nickel... makes it a good day.

RichVid

almost got arrested by some local cops who tried to articulate that an industrial building on fire was somewhow a crime scene (which of course it wasn't)... This was after the competition planted the seed that I was up to something evil by being a little closer to some of the action even tho it was on the other side of the building - there was no line established...Oh well...after being detained for a bit I was released after the FD Chief went to bat for me... It's great being ridiculed and embarrassed over nothing...

newz

Drove 200 miles round trip to interview a nationally known pollster. Tape full of digital breakup and unusable. No warnings from camera. Thanks.

INLANDNEWS

Shot the usual blowing trees and trash and flapping flags. The Santa Ana winds are here once again! Get the brushfire gear ready!

code20photog

Took the train to work, and sat in front of the two most annoying young girls. No exaggeration:

"I like don't have like that many clothes so like I have like just one like dresser, you can like put your clothes in like my like closet. I like have no like furniture so like I don't like have like a lot to move. and like I like have like pots and like pans that like I haven't like used very often so like they're pretty new."

I wanted to, like, shoot myself

Thank God for Ipods.

RichVid

Shot the usual blowing trees and trash and flapping flags. The Santa Ana winds are here once again! Get the brushfire gear ready!
Hey...what's it been like out there on the Esperanza Fire? It looks like those 5 firefighters never had a chance...Their engine looked calcified in the aerials... Give us a report when you get a chance.

INLANDNEWS

Hey...what's it been like out there on the Esperanza Fire? It looks like those 5 firefighters never had a chance...Their engine looked calcified in the aerials... Give us a report when you get a chance.
Finally getting a chance to post and reply to RichVid. Thursday and Friday were crazy on the Esperanza fire!! Yes, those firefighters never had a chance. The way the winds shift in that area, you have less than seconds to react. It gets pretty scary up there. A few of us photogs also had very close calls! Over 35 burned homes. People still can't even get up there to see the damage. The first day they pulled all the San Jacinto District firefighters off the incident to collect their thoughts. There is more media than I have ever seen before at this thing. KTVU in San Francisco came down Friday night. Several Arizona stations out for the fire, San Diego, Bakersfield etc. A ton of still shooters too all over the place. Yesterday Schwarzennegger toured the area. Today things are winding down. Engines being released from the command post, still limited amounts of people being allowed up to their homes. That's pretty much it.

RichVid

The surviving firefighter is still hangning on, which is amazing when you consider he A) has serious burns over 90+ % of his body and B) has respiratory injuries, which can be impossible to overcome (lungs don't regenerate)... Couple this lad's courageous battle for life with four dead firefighters and an arsonist to boot and that's why you're seeing coverage unlike anything you've seen before on a brush fire.... Thanks for the report!

EDIT
5th Firefighter passed away earlier this evening ... :(

Last edited:

svp

Went to a family who had KKK burned into their lawn for no reason. Go figure the police and FBI wouldn't talk to us so we had to go to the NAACP. Made for a very interesting story.

We're doing a big sweeps story on the growth of the KKK and the FBI was pretty tight lipped with us too. They have no problem talking about anything else but we couldn't get a thing out of them on this. They would only talk in general terms about domestic terrorism. If it weren't for the hate group professor, we would have only had the KKK leader, which we interviewed in MY apartment.

jeremycohn

Today I...

shot a Santa Claus parade for a live-to-tape show from a cherry picker 75 feet about the ground in the cold!

BluesDaddy

...punched RECORD for the first time at 2:20 pm and had a live pack on the air at 5:00 pm. It was not a one-stop-shop. Also, I had to move the van once because the first location had a tree in the signal path.

RichVid

...Put a hidden camera on the side of a mountain for a piece on illegal dumpers...at 6 AM. The winds were averaging 40mph+ and the temperature was about 40 degrees... I confess I'm a wuss. I couldn't take it.