Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
PRO user
Steve Cegielski

JTFCM is on a distinguished road
Default Written SOP?

Just wondering how many Chiefs have a written SOP for their shooters and what it may include.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Randy Hansen

Candu Randu is on a distinguished road

I wrote one waaaaay back in 2003 and offered it to other chiefs for review. Some liked it, others thought I was an idiot. Basically, I wrote it to ease the new photog's transition into my station (in 2003, my turnover was 3 or 4 photogs a month due to other stations hiring them away). I included such mundane things like how to call in sick, where the car wash was located, a vague dress code (no shorts with holes, etc). I kept it vague on purpose because being too detailed meant constant changes. I had the handbook approved by the ND, HR and the GM before I gave it out to cover my butt. It really seemed to help- the only hitch was to make sure they read it because 95% of their questions were answered by the handbook. If they asked a question covered by what I wrote, I just asked them "It's in the handbook- did you read it?". After getting that answer from me a few times, they usually read it within a day or so and their life (and mine) got easier.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
PRO user
Steve Cegielski

JTFCM is on a distinguished road

Thanks Randy. I knew I wasn't crazy and that I had seen someone post a message about it! Would you be willing to share a copy with me if you still have it? Stevec119@yahoo.com
Old 06-18-2014, 01:40 PM
A. Omar Sobrino

satpimp is on a distinguished road

As photog duties change a look up and live primer is always good.

"History is mostly guessing, the rest is prejudice."
Will (1885-1981) and Ariel Durant (1898-1981), American historians.