Go Back   b-roll.net FORUM > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Buck is an unknown quantity at this point

Just think how one of the cj's will feel if they happen shoot something nobody has like a tornado, plane crash or whatever and they give it up for $20 bucks when they could have made some good cash by holding out for the highest bidder.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:08 PM

cameradog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtycyclehum View Post
Will the police even talk to some guy with a handy-cam that says he "works" for WTSP?
Will the police stop talking to legitimate photogs from WTSP when all these other clowns running around claiming to work for WTSP spoil the waters?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
PRO user
Chris Stuard

HokiePhotog is on a distinguished road

They'll teach them to "shoot a camera?" I wonder what kind of gun they'll use to put the thing out of it's misery...
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM

Buck is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Charles Newcomb

MtnShooter is on a distinguished road

What a moron. He left the lens cap on.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Fearless Leader is on a distinguished road

Hahaha! gotta keep the mood light here.

But in response to Step Above, I don't think its the profession that's going down the tubes, its the business. And, yes, this kind of CJ BS is a generally horrible idea.

What I wonder is what kind of ethics they will teach these people? Not just staging, but respecting people's dignity and avoiding staging. How many of these cameras are gonna be used for mini-commercials for their friends' little business?
remember, "a video movie could change your life"
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
There's no ketchup on a Chicago dog!

Chicago Dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leader View Post
And, yes, this kind of CJ BS is a generally horrible idea.
I can see it now.

One old man's tree is dropping leaves into another old man's yard -- and he busts out his video camera and his own twisted sense of justice.

I feel bad for the poor bastard stuck watching all the crap they'll receive for "worthwhile" stories.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Alex Lucas

AlexLucas is on a distinguished road

Seriously, guys, grow up!
You're just not embracing the future!

Good job, Mr. Middle Manager! You've saved money by selling the CEO on a cost saving measure. People will certainly love to watch something shot on a $500 camera with an imager the size of a pinky nail on their 72" plasma! It looks great! Especially now that televisions are the size of your wall now!
They will never know, now on their beautiful 1080i sets, how flat, ugly, and inexperienced the CJ, or VJ, or whoever is that is running it. They'll never notice that the grammar, facts, or presentation is poor.

You're a bunch of geniuses, television managers!
Americans couldn't identify good TV if they tried! After all, they've only been averaging about three hours a day since birth! They only go to work and sleep more hours a day than they watch TV!

What would the average viewer, with hundreds of thousands of hours of watching TV in their lifetime, notice anything about the quality of what they're viewing?

Seriously! Who cares! They'll never be able to tell it was shot by a guy with no experience on a handycam!
They don't care about the quality of what they're watching!
They're all newbies at this television thing, just give them something, and they'll never notice the difference!

Last edited by AlexLucas; 07-13-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM

Spot remover

Good Lord.

here's a senario:

CJ: (eager beaver attitude) "Hi, guys! What going on?" (fumbling with camera and gear)

Legitimate photog: "A shooting. Guy walked up to the car and opened fire."

CJ: "Really? What's all this yellow tape for?" (lifts tape and starts walking toward crime scene) "where's the on switch?"

Cop: "Hey you! Stop!"

CJ: "You can't legally stop me! I'm a CJ! I work for WTSP! I have rights!" (keeps walking)

Copruns over-grabs CJ) "You're under arrest!"

CJ: "I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP! I work for WTSP!"

LP: (rolls on arrest)
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
There's no ketchup on a Chicago dog!

Chicago Dog is on a distinguished road

Great. A bunch of Carter Rabils running around. That's just what this profession needs.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned
Nino Giannotti

Nino will become famous soon enough

I doubt that this entire CJ WTSP was very well planned nor it was reviewed by their attorney. It's a big difference when the company set quotas and supply the equipment and the training. This is no longer just purchasing video from citizens and they can not be classified as independent contractors or freelancers. According to IRS rules of what constitute and define an employee (keep in mind that these rules are in favor of the IRS) these CJs could very well be classified by law as employee, meaning that WTSP would be fully liable for their actions as well as workman compensation claims and all mandatory benefits. This thing will never fly.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 PM

nocophotog

Twenty bucks won't even cover the gas! I suggest they hire a bunch of high school kids.