View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Sam Gordon

SamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by csusandman View Post
This is from Dictionary.com:

Me thinks that it's obvious when talking about "...the operation of the remote station shall be immediately suspended by the operator at the control point... " what "immediate" implies in that regard. It's a time issue. If you get a call from access to power down, they're not asking you to do so in 1, 5, 10 seconds or however long it takes to run 100'. NOW. IMMEDIATELY. Without delay.
I think you left out part of the reg that factors in...
Quote:
Upon detection by the license, or upon notification from the Commission of a deviation or upon notification by another licensee of harmful interference, the operation of the remote station shall be immediately suspended by the operator at the control point
"Immediate" doesn't come into play until the operator is told (or notices) the violation. Like I said, if you are 50' away from the truck, your cell phone rings and you're running back to the truck AS you answer, by the time you have been notified of the problem, you CAN immediately shutdown. That's my argument. Not that you answer the phone and stay at the camera.

Quote:
What? What? (...I can be a smartass at times...)
:P

Quote:
All in all, my feelings are "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If your station currently uses a two man crew for DSNG shots, cool. If you're doing them OMB and haven't had a problem, cool. I'm a fan of the first...
I agree. I just think people come looking to these threads thinking "how can I show management we MUST have a two man crew?" It's a case of "should" instead of "must", IMHO.