What's your fave app?

cameragod

My fave app at the moment is Shush. When you turn your phone to silent it lets you say for how long. Now I don't have to worry about remembering to switch back to ring at the end of an interview.

svp

By far my favorite app is Watch ESPN. It allowed me to watch the Ohio State game during my down time at the shoot I was on last Saturday.

svp

I should mention ProPrompter has also been a real life saver on two recent shoots where the client did not request a prompter but clearly needed one.

2000lux

There are several filmmaker apps on the Hand Held Hollywood site. One I'm interested in allegedly tells you where the sun will be at different times of days so you can plan your schedule if you need to shoot that out door stand up with the best light, or where the sun will come up in the morning for that sunrise shot.

I finally joined the current century and got a smart phone, so now I'm looking for useful apps too. :)

dazapper

Brian--you're looking for "Sun Seeker" which is the one that tells where the sun will be setting. I've got it--it's cool.

I also like "Timelapse" that calculates time lapse formulas for you; "Sketch Rolls" that allow you to draw on the iPad; and "DSLR Slate", pretty self-describing. Scrabble always passes the time!

Robin

Flash Light is a pretty good one.. even used 3 iphones .. for some lighting in tiny location night shoot.. worked really well..!!

JTFCM

The Weather Channel app for obvious reasons, 1stVideo net (by vericorder) turns your iphone into an edit bay (i'm still learning how to edit on it) , and Pro Video as a reference guide.