"We Want To Ride!"

shootist

PRO user
Actually, I want to ride. And thought I'd demo the GoPro HD camera as I took the scenic route to complete my most mundane of tasks. And in case anyone's wondering: "Sherlock Holmes" with Robert Downey, Jr. and I loved it.

Chicago Dog

That's a pretty cool video. Why were you riding your kid's bike? Is your Harley in the shop?

I KID!
:)

What were you using to latch the camera to the bike? Looks pretty solid. Minor vibrations, but nothing headache-inducing.

shootist

PRO user
Why were you riding your kid's bike? Is your Harley in the shop?
Actually, I get that a lot. Not ready to "cruise" quite yet.

A couple months ago, at a neighborhood garage sale, I picked up a Sirius radio for $3. As I'm leaving, the woman says "Oh wait....there's a remote that goes with that." I replied, "Don't worry about it..I only want the suction cup mount....In fact, you can have the radio back.'

I adapted that mount for the camera. The vibration in the vid may be attributed to the quality of Pennsylvania roads. You can see some of the infamous "tar snakes" in some of the shots.

Anyway...a fun exercise...edited in 10 minutes and I used the first cut of royalty-free music that I listened to.

Last edited:

shootist

PRO user
Tippster...That is one B-UELL-TIFUL ride! I can't believe they're no longer.

Incredible engineer Erik is....those creations were the only things that ever got me into an H-D dealership.

Were there deals to be had at the end?

Chicago Dog

That's certainly something new. If I remember correctly, Buell didn't have a series of high-performance bikes up until recently, did they? Or maybe I just wasn't looking at them because they were still a little high-end on the money-meter for me.