Vegas 8 Pro Tutorials?

Cambot Mk. II

I downloaded a demo copy of Vegas 8 Pro A few days ago. (I'm evaluating it for a personal documentary project.) It looks pretty good but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

I worked with AVID Newscutter before... And Vegas ain't the same. The biggest complaint is that it doesn't look like it has 3-point editing like I'm used to. I am not a fan of drag-and-drop editing.

Are there reliable tutorials out there? I want to give this system fair shake but I'm a bit lost.

SimonW

Vegas isn't a generally a 3-point editor. If you want to stick to that type of editing then Vegas won't be your thing. But if you stick with it, you'll like it.

However you can do 3-point editing with it. Sort of.

Place the cursor on the timeline at the point you wish to add the video.
Open a video file into the Trimmer. Mark the in and out points you want (i and o, just like FCP etc), then press A to add the media after the cursor on the timeline, or press Shift-A to add media up to the cursor.

MtnShooter

Also, if you type "Sony Vegas Pro 8 tutorials on YouTube, you'll find a gazillion of them. I'd do the same for "Sony Vegas tutorials" to get earlier versions, then move on to Pro 8.

G'day.

MtnShooter

I worked with AVID Newscutter before... And Vegas ain't the same. The biggest complaint is that it doesn't look like it has 3-point editing like I'm used to. I am not a fan of drag-and-drop editing
Funny. I learned to edit on Vegas 4 and moved up. I don't care for Newscutter (or Avid in general). And I like Vegas Pro 8 better than Final Cut Pro, even though I use both.

But... I learned to fly in a Cessna, so I think they're better than Piper's. You say toe-may-toes, I say toe-mah-toes.