Vegas 8.0a issues

mic level

I'm looking for people who are using Vegas 8.0a and might have encountered this problem.

When I ingest proxy clips from XD disc(shoot on 350), edit the proxies, then conform to full resolution my edited timeline, I get clicks/pops in my audio on my finished timeline. The problem seems to be restricted to the conforming process because when I ingest the full-resolution clips and edit them, I don't get the clips.

I have edited both way several times, with identical video clips, and everytime I get the same results.

-Ingest full resolution clips, edit=no clicks
-Ingest proxy clips, edit, conform to full-res=clicks in audio

I have started dialogue with Sony about this issue but have seemed to reach deadend as I haven't heard back from them in a while.

I would only ingest full-resolution clips in the beginning but many times I don't have the time to wait for everything to get in my laptop.

Anybody else with a similar experience?

BluesCam

I think a lot of people are beginning to think Sony released Vegas 8 before it was ready for prime time. Have you tried the Sony Vegas Forum or the Vegas forum on Creative Cow?

mic level

Thanks for the suggestions but nothing on the forums seems close. I know that Sony is aware of the issue because people at my shop have made it clear to them.

I am leaning toward what Bluescam said about Vegas 8.0 being released before it was ready for primetime.

MtnShooter and Bluescam, are you guys using Vegas with XDCam or some other format?

BluesCam

I am leaning toward what Bluescam said about Vegas 8.0 being released before it was ready for primetime.
MtnShooter and Bluescam, are you guys using Vegas with XDCam or some other format?
Right now just DV, but XDCAM HD in the near future. I have seen some people saying that Vegas doesn't work well with quad core computers at this stage.

I was getting ready to buy one too.

mic level

I'm using Vegas on a dual-core laptop with XP. According to our IT guys, it exceeds the minimum requirements for Vegas.

The reason that I asked if you're using XDCam is because my problems deal with the XDCam proxies and the way the Vegas conforms XDCam proxies to full-resolution. When ingesting other formats(DV, SP, SX, DVC Pro) through the "capture video" function, I do not have any problem because I am not conforming low-res video to full-resolution.

BluesCam

Hard to believe Sony doesn't have direct native support for their own format.
As the Sony guy told me at a trade show "Apple was quick to step up to the plate with native support." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.