UVW-1400 Beta SP deck - tracking adjustment question

javapop

I have a deck I'm using to digitize some of my older news tapes. Had a bit of a tracking issue seen here: https://youtu.be/x0C4WaG6B_4

There's a switch on the SS-61 board for adjusting (SS-53 on the UVW-1800) that allows adjustments of tracking. The service manual says to push reset (NO) button the after after adjusting tracking and the video tracking is reset to the tracking center position.

Seems to reset though after powering down.

Any clues on locking in the adjustment I made? I was able to completely clean up the image through a minor adjustment. Would like to lock in that adjustment.

Not a lot of areas to find people familiar with these, It's very similar to the UVW-1800.

BluesCam

I have one of those. It lacks things that the 1800 has. Maybe check with Macie Video. They are very cool about helping folks. Once, I had a question about gear for them and when I called they said someone would call me back and indeed they did. Roger Macie himself! I wish I could tell you more.

javapop

I have one of those. It lacks things that the 1800 has. Maybe check with Macie Video. They are very cool about helping folks. Once, I had a question about gear for them and when I called they said someone would call me back and indeed they did. Roger Macie himself! I wish I could tell you more.
Thank you for the tip! I actually found a TV station nearby that will let me use their Beta suite for $150 for a day of use. I believe this will give me enough time to get everything captured. I still may try contacting Roger. Thank you!