The Tapes of Wrath

Brock Samson

Has anyone else seen these? I found them on Youtube, they are blooper reels from a reporting convention thing, apparently which took place in the eighties. A couple of the segments have little numbers on news photogs, and I thought they were pretty funny. Just take a look at this one for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzORSArW0sE

Cracked me up, I tell ya. Especially the "Ahoy! Ahoy!" part.

Grangeway

Has anyone else seen these? I found them on Youtube, they are blooper reels from a reporting convention thing, apparently which took place in the eighties. A couple of the segments have little numbers on news photogs, and I thought they were pretty funny. Just take a look at this one for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzORSArW0sE

Cracked me up, I tell ya. Especially the "Ahoy! Ahoy!"part.[/QUOTE

"The Tapes of Wrath" is true genius. I'll wager some of the senior D.C. photographers can enlighten us about whether it was a Gridiron Show bit or what.

I got my 3/4" dub (Mmm... 3/4" U-matic) from Brink Chipman at WHO in 1984. The sad thing is the my dub was probably sixth- or seventh-generation so it was noisy as hell then. I bet it's had it by now. I've thought about contacting that YouTube poster to see if I could score a decent Beta dub of "The Tapes of Wrath."

There all kinds of hilarious bits. Just check out the wheels-off Hanukkah live shot.

Try to figure out who's who in "Dirty Laundry" as a brain-teaser... especially if you're over the age of forty. Gerry Studds... didn't he just move on to the next plane? James G. Watt?
Anyone? Anyone?

I agree there's nothing better than Gilbert and Sullivan tricked up for photographer promos. My favorite lines are "Our coats are made of plastic/Our cables are elastic."

KUTV has some outtakes on iTunes for download. They're humorous also.

That is all. Carry on.

Chronically Confused

the whole ordeal with the ENG truck just made me gasp in disbelief. How could he keep going with the alarm blaring and people running for their lives?

Brock Samson

Old trucks didn't have alarms
Pardon my Fench, but, Old trucks my a$$. My last station didn't have them in trucks that were less than a year old. I wouldn't rely on alarms for everything, anyway. That's as sure a way to get zapped as never looking up at lines at all.

Now please, allow me to un-hijack this thread and direct everyone's attention to the video goodness above!

SurfAwave69

Pardon my Fench, but, Old trucks my a$$. My last station didn't have them in trucks that were less than a year old. I wouldn't rely on alarms for everything, anyway. That's as sure a way to get zapped as never looking up at lines at all.

Now please, allow me to un-hijack this thread and direct everyone's attention to the video goodness above!
The video is awesome! I also agree with you about not relying on the alarms...I just know the trucks that I have had experience with all had them...but, again, awesome video..my apologies.

rocky1138

boy I hate this thread

clicked on the link & then started watching news bloopers for 2 hours

I need to buy some more asprin b/c my cheeks are hurting from laughing so much

thanks a lot!