The last of a dying breed...

Latin Lens

Overall...not bad. But I can't tell if it was the editing or the playback but there were some weird audio deadspace sprinkled throughout the piece. Some audio needed some better timing and fading...standup looked like an afterthought and didn't seem to fit the piece. You were working at gathering shots and sound...which is good but in the end it didn't flow well...maybe I didn't see enough of what the story was about...seeing signs about going out of business or stuff like that. Maybe some more off-the-cuff natsots about what the customers were looking to buy now that its closing. Good effort...you did try to jazz up what could have been a boring story so nice trying to accomplish that...just needs a little work to help mold it better.

BryantVW

Thanks Latin, as always.

I know what you mean about the audio being a little off. This was a tape to tape edit job for one, so my levels were all over the place. I purposefully put that silence there when the reporter said "the day the music died"... just as a dramatic/creative accent. Not sure how well it actually came off on TV. Seemed more awkward than anything after I look at it again.

Latin Lens

Hey gotcha...I think it would have worked better had you 1) gotten a shot of the Don Mclean album and 2) used the album cover with a fade to black...other than that...yeah, unfortunately it came off as weird. You coulda just have shown more video of empty cd rows...more customers going in and out...maybe even following one around the store that is animated to get some good natsots from...anything to really help tell an above average story. But you were working...I can tell...just little things that will come with time and oppurtunity.