Thanks again TSA

Focused

Just got back from a 3 day shoot in Birmingham. My first time there and had a blast. On the way back I checked 2 AB hytron 140's in my suitcase. They were in a smaller, padded case similar to a collapsible lunch cooler with foam between them. Just extra padding for the bumpy ride home. Most importantly, the contacts facing away from each other.

When I get home, the cooler is not zipped closed, the foam is on the side of the case. And best, the contacts were touching each other. Really???

Who ever unpacked and "inspected" the goods must not follow any of the rules we have to just to get past the ticket counter. Where can I file my complaint?

Run&Gun

Good luck. They are pretty much "protected" because they are performing "national security matters"… :roll eyes: Kinda like if the police perform a search warrant on your house, they don't have to put anything back where they found it. I'm not saying it's right by any means, just that you will be wasting your time and in the end, nothing will be done. I had a friend get his toplight smashed by TSA going through a security checkpoint at the airport. Filed a billion pages of paperwork and they still didn't pay for it or take responsibility.

Focused

TSA

I know there's nothing that can be done about it. Fortunately I have never had anything stolen or lost, many have.

With all of the issues with shipping batteries around and limiting the amount of Li-Ion you can carry on board and under the plane, you would think they would be a tad more concerned on how they repack these dangerous goods. Granted these were Ni-Cads, but like they would know the difference. Too sloppy for my tastes.